2/17/16

Ode to Summer: Part One

Ooooooh February, when are you going to be over? I know it sounds absurd but it has been super cold in Florida recently (aka below 65) and my body just can't handle it. I was not made for cold weather! Unless of course it is snowy and I am bundled up and there is a fire and I'm drinking wine. Lots of wine. 

Honestly though, the weather has been clear and beautiful but just chilly enough to where you would potentially freeze to death in a bathing suit.  And that just won't do. That being said, summer does come on very suddenly down here and once it does...were talking 80 degrees by 9:00am. But I LOVE it. The beaches down here are beautiful! White sand, clear aquamarine water, and little stands on the beach that sell mixed drinks. 

Since today is 67 degrees, with blue skies, and helicopters buzzing overhead like big, old birds (oooh base living) I have decided to put together a montage of summer things to get us through the next month before beach weather is officially upon us! 

Favorite Summer Things...Part One

1. Watermelon. Now, you may be saying to yourself...'what a weird summer thing to start with...' BUT watermelon is amazing. You can eat it for every meal. It is delicious, hydrating, and only tastes good in the summer. 



2. Beach Couture. Otherwise known as adorable bikinis, cute jewelry, gladiator sandals, and awesome beach gear. The more sparkles the better. Tie dye? Bring it on. Headscarves? Why not. Kimono wraps? Yes, please. 


3. Crazy sunnies. Personally, I love huge sunglasses that cover your face and border on ginormous insect eyes. But in the summer I feel like one can go a little further and rock some truly spectacular eye wear...


4. Outdoor activities! There are so many awesome things to do in the summer! Kayaking, tubing, hiking, surfing, sunbathing, water skiing, paddle board yoga...the list is infinite :) And it makes me super happy because I have a really hard time sitting still, so if I can be doing something fun WHILE getting tan and being near water. I'm in. 


5. Girly bevs. In my old age (cough cough 27 cough) I have severely cut back on my intake of hard liquor. Mainly because Ive found that I don't really have a taste for it anymore. I'm more of a red wine or coffee porter gal. But in the summer, something weird shifts in my brain and all I want are pina coladas, rum, and coronas...drinks which, when consumed on a beach in a bikini on a hot summer day, become "dranks". 


The list goes on, quite literally, forever. But for now I will leave you with these five awesome summer things to help stave off the cabin fever. It's almost time to plan those beach trips so hang in there! And don't forget to protect your skin with some yummy smelling, glittery sun screen so you don't grow up and look like a leather bag ;)

Peace, Love & Sunshineeeee
E




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...