5/24/17

Winesday Wednesday Chadonnay Day Week Month?

Happy Wednesday friendsssssssaaahhh!
Okay, obviously I've had too much coffee and need to take it down a notch. But, today is (as the Skimm so eloquently put it) the Winesday Wednesday before International Wine Day!! Welllll technically tomorrow is International CHARDONNAY Day, not Wine Day in general but I've never said no to a good excuse to have a glass (or two or five) of vino. Personally, I am waiting patiently for June 10th which is National Rosé Day, not to be confused with INTERNATIONAL Rosé Day which is on August 14th. That was a lot of information but stick with me! Here is nice little chart to make things easier. You're welcome *high five*

Anyway, now that The Bachelorette is back I think it's safe to say that most of us celebrate weekly wine day on Monday's but for the past couple of weeks I have been getting together with my sister in law to watch The Handmaid's Tale and woooooo if you don't need a glass of wine to make it through that show! I seriously cry angry tears an average of two times per episode but it's so good! And at least they aren't tears of emotional distress (cough cough Grey's Anatomy cough).

Now, I am definitely not a sommelier by any means, like my ideal wine is from Trader Joe's and it has a pretty label and is five dollars but I know what I like and love trying new varieties. When J and I lived in Florida during flight school some of the other wives and I would get together for Wine and Cheese nights regularly and just take a few hours to wind down, commiserate, and have some girl time. Those nights were seriously the BEST!

All we needed was a few bottles of wine, some cheese and crackers, and some blankets and the night would be made. I'm definitely not advocating alcoholism here by any means! But there is something so nice about sharing some wine with your people and embracing the hygge of a night with friends :) We definitely never had a dull wine night and I always left the night with sore abs from laughing so hard!

My current favorite wine genré if you will, is of the Sparkling Rosé variety because I am basic and it is refreshing and delicious when it is muggy and hot out.

So, in the spirit of Winesday Wednesday, International Chardonnay Day, and because I want to knooow...what are your favorite wines??

Let me know!

Cheers, Em




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...