6/19/17

June Favorites: Books, Movies, & TV

We're halfway through June and you know what time it is....okay, well maybe you don't. But I am going to tell you so never fear! It's time for Emilie's June Favorites: otherwise known as a list of random things that I've really liked during this month. Cheers.

1. Movie...

Wonder Woman: let's just get this obvious favorite over with. OBSESSED. I have always been a sucker for a good Girl Power storyline (Spice Girls represent) and this movie was one, big, epic, MFing girl power moment. I thought Gal Gadot did a wonderful job (pun intended) and that her portrayal of Diana was amazing. She made Diana relatable, real, and still an ass-kicking warrior princess. Wonder Woman is goals for all of us; she does what she wants, stands up for those who can't fight for themselves, doesn't let anyone tell her what to do, and is unapologetic about her femininity.


2. Book(s)...

I am not capable of reading only one book at a time. I get bored and end up taking forever to finish it, unless of course it's Harry Potter. Right now I am really enjoying:

*White Trash: The 400 Year Untold History of Class in America (Nancy Isenberg)
*The Secret History of Wonder Woman (Jill Lepore)
*A Breath of Snow and Ashes: Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)
*Outliers: The Story of Success (Malcolm Gladwell)

I highly recommend all of these books especially if you like history or historical fiction.



3. Television...

When I say 'television' I mean Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon because I am cheap and we don't do cable unless its basketball season. But! Here are my favorite shows currently...

*American Gods - This show has incredible camera shots and the storyline is insane, I can't wait to read the book! Unfortunately I messed up my longtime pact of reading books before seeing the show on this one but if the book is anything like the show, it's going to be great. Neil Gaiman is an artist.



*The Handmaid's Tale - This show makes me angry & upset but it is relevant and I love it. I'm a little confused about why they decided to drag it out into more than one season, but excited to see where they go with it. Elizabeth Moss is insanely great as June and I love that she is also a producer on the show.



What are you reading, listening to, and watching right now??

Happy Monday...

Em


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...