9/29/15

Ode to Autumn

"Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive Autumns." George Eliot


"Once more the liberal years laughs out, O'er richer stores than gems and gold; once more with harvest song and shout, is natures boldest triumph told." 
John Greenleaf Whittier


"Then summer fades and passes and October comes.  We'll smell smoke then, 

and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a 
sense of sadness and departure."
Thomas Wolfe 



"Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, 
time seems speeded up.  What was is not and never 
again will be; what is is change."

Edwin Teale


There are so many lovely poems and quotes out there dedicated to Autumn! It truly is a universally loved and admired season...

Still brainstorming all of the things I love about the fall and the list continues to grow and grow :)








1 comment:

  1. We had our first fire of the season in the fireplace last night. I am loving the cooler weather, and the trees here in the Punch Bowl ate already turning colors.

    ReplyDelete

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...