8/21/16

Let Me Just Be Basic For A Minute...I'm Ready For Autumn.

I've reached that point at the end of the summer where ALL I can think about are the cool days of fall. Anything to get some relief from the stifling, timeless, stuffiness of summer.

I want to be able to turn off the A/C and throw the windows wide open so that the smell of wood stoves and crispy leaves fill the house. I want to wake up and have that moment where the air is so chilly that getting out of bed seems impossible, until you remember how amazing that first sip of hot coffee is. I want to come home from work and be able to get cozy and curl up with a good book and a cup of tea, knowing that outside the world is slowly going into hibernation but I am warm and safe inside.

For the love of god, I really just want to be able to walk to the mailbox without having a heat stroke.

There is something so alive and exciting and comforting about the autumn. Even the names of the months; September, October, November carry a specific, cozy promise in the way they sound when they roll off your tongue. The nights get longer, the evenings chillier, and you can hear people going for walks and laughing on the street only to stifle their noise abruptly and disappear into the night. There is something about the fall that makes you want to whisper so as not to disturb nature as she slips into her yearly slumber. Not fear, but excitement and expectation. For me, it borders on awe as this colorful burst of life happens before everything slips into rest mode for winter.

Needless to say... my autumn Pinterest boards are overflowing, I'm trying to wear sweaters prematurely, and I'm getting the urge to start re-reading Harry Potter. The signs are all present. Now I just need that first leaf to turn...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...