8/5/16

Holy August Batman!

I can not believe it is already August. This summer has seriously flown by and honestly, I am completely fine with that! This girl is ready for some cool fall nights, cozy sweaters, and pumpkin flavored everything. Basic I know, but there you have it.

I just got back from spending a wonderful week up in Durham with the family. We finalized some wedding details, had my first dress fitting, & did a little rental house hunting (more on that later!) I also got to see one of my favorite ADF performances (Paul Taylor), and pick up the new Harry Potter book at the midnight release from the old, local book shop where I bought the others so many years ago. Super nostalgic trip! Every time I go back to Durham to visit I feel so lucky to have been raised in such an open minded and forward thinking community. And luckily wedding planning keeps me going back and forth quite a bit!

It's hard to believe that in a few short months we will be saying our 'I do's'!! When we got engaged last December I kept thinking that our wedding date was soooo far out, but this year is flying by and I'm super thankful we started planning early. A lot of changes are going to be happening in the next few months leading up to the wedding and I am excited to see where these changes take us.

But for now, we are enjoying our last few weeks in the Milton House and spending time with all of our Florida friends :) One of the hardest parts about being a military family is having to constantly say 'see you later' to the wonderful friends you make along the way. The stress and love that comes with this lifestyle bonds you together with each other quicker and more intensely than most normal friendships and they are the glue that holds us all together.

As we approach this next PCS, I can't help but shed a few tears over the idea of parting ways with these wonderful friends and having to start over from scratch again. But if I've learned anything over the last couple of years, it's that distance over time and space have nothing to do with affairs of the heart, and while we may all be scattered across this planet nothing will cause this support system to falter. Also, we thankfully have the internet at our disposal so staying in touch is much easier :)

With all that being said, new beginnings bring a sense of excitement and adventure and we will be keeping everyone posted on our little journey right here through it all! Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...