4/7/15

b a c k a n d f o r t h

two amazing whirlwind weeks of moving, unpacking, job-hunting, meeting new friends, beaching it, and spending time with my babe. amazing in every sense of the word. some moments were harder than others, but the most difficult part is over and we have settled in to our new routines fairly gracefully. 

except now, i am back in north carolina for a couple of weeks to wrap up some real estate deals and finish up my contract with the family i nanny for. however, since all of my belongings are down in pensacola...i am camping out at my parents house...with my two dogs.  not the most comfortable situation spatially, but great quality time with the fan before officially moving down and staying for good. or at least until the next move. 

the next three weeks here will be completely insane. somehow, i forgot about my CE for real estate and so i will be in class for the next two weekends, saturday & sunday, from 9:00-5:00. shoot me now. i have a feeling i will be writing some excellent blog posts during this time because god knows i can't sit that long without going crazy. i will also be working overtime with baby D so that i can make up for the last two weeks of not working at all. yikes!

i plan on spending as much time with my friends and family here as i can, enjoying spring in durham, going to Bulls games, lounging at Duke Gardens, drinking at my favorite bars, and trying not to lose the tan i got while in florida. haha but seriously. 

as amazing as it feels to be back here with all the people i love, i can't help but feel frustrated at all of the back and forth.it seems like i finally got settled in down in pensacola and then had to drop everything again and come back up. but all good things take time and i always knew this was the plan. change makes me slightly nervous so this is probably good for me haha. its like my dad always says; you're building character. so. much. character.

all i know is that i will be so happy to settle into my new job, home, and life with james. its not like i will never see my nc peeps again. I'm already planning my parents first trip down here, and my friends know they are always welcome to crash at our place and spend some glorious days at the beach. now i just have to convince molly and brittney to skip work and drive down with me for jazz fest in a couple of weeks....priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...