7/28/15

w o r k & p l a y

Hello friends!
It's been quite a while since I've had a chance to sit down and write and I'm so happy to be relaxing on my couch right now with a glass of wine (maybe watching the Bachelorette...) and taking a moment to reflect on the past couple of weeks. 

After the amazing week spent with family and friends for Kevan and Rebekkah's wedding, James and I were able to relax and lay low for a couple of wonderful weeks. We took the dogs to the beach, cooked dinner together, read books, and slept late! It was so nice after the stress of my previous job and API. However, during this time, through a series of crazy events, I came in contact with a wonderful real estate agent who ended up hiring me as her transaction coordinator while i work on getting my real estate license! It was such a relief after worrying about being able to find a job, and i couldn't be happier or more excited about how this job is going :)

This week is my second week at work and i feel like I'm finally settling in and understanding my place in the office. Even though the hours are a little longer than I anticipated, the time goes incredibly fast and I am learning SO MUCH about real estate in florida. It's very different from the rules and regulations in NC but luckily my three years in NC have given me a great platform to jump from and i can't wait to see where this goes.

On a completely separate note, I have somehow let Rebekkah talk me into running a half marathon with her in October! And I'm actually really excited about it. For my whole life I have lived under the impression that i can not physically run because i am a fat kid stuck in a skinny kids body. Welp, this experience has proven that...I was right hahahaha 

At this point in time, I can run a 12 minute mile without dying, which is two minutes more than i ever thought possible! You would think that after being a dancer and growing up as a fairly athletic person, I would be able to run, but that is not necessarily the case. There are three months though before the half marathon and the training program we are using seems to be keeping me on track so far...fingers crossed!

And the best part about this half marathon is that its in Durham! I can't wait to go back and see everyone and hopefully complete this crazy race before they close down the track and send everyone home ;) On that note, any tips on running are welcome in the comment below! I can use all the help I can get!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...