8/8/15

A Little Piece Of Peace

Saturday morning. There are few things better than waking up slowly to the smell of coffee and knowing that there is nothing on the schedule for the day that HAS to be done. 

Unless of course you count going to a book store, studying a little bit for the realtor exam, drinking MORE coffee, and maybe going for a run in the evening...all good things. 

The past couple of weeks there has been a wonderful sense of calm in my life. Maybe it has to do with finally having a job I enjoy, one that challenges me in a good way. Or the fact that it always takes a while to get into the swing of things when you move. Whatever it is, my sleep has been sounder, my days have gone by faster, and I just feel less anxious about things in general (which is rare for me haha). For every big change in life there is an adjustment period, a time when it is easy to doubt yourself, but without these changes it would be impossible to grow and evolve as a person. 

The older I get the more I realize that there are somethings in life that you just can not control, and that your energy is better spent working on the things that you can control and change. Especially now that the Marine Corps is a part of my life through James, Ive learned that everything must be written in pencil and that plans change. Being a person who finds comfort in routine and having control over situations this has been a huge wake up call! But in a way it has been liberating too, because it allows me to (whether I like it or not...) let go of things a bit more and just go with the flow. No perfectly laid plan will ever work out the way you want it to, but there is beauty in challenge and those crazy little life messes that pop up when we least expect it :) 

So, as I sit here drinking coffee out of my Bull City mug and writing this post, I am content with the direction of my life but also excited because I know that everything could change in an instant, and all any one of us can do is be the best version of ourselves that we can be and weather the storms when they come. 

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...