12/4/15

Christmas Tree Lights & Adorable Dogs

The tree is up! And after much debate about whether we should use the wrapping around method or the weaving up and down method, the lights are on the tree too! Our ornaments are en route from NC and should be here any day now. It is officially our first christmas in our new home :) I love spending our evenings on the couch, drinking hot tea, and watching Christmas movies in the glow of the tree. The whole house smells like the holiday season!

It's even getting kind of chilly down here in good old Florida! We actually had to turn on our heat yesterday, well, maybe we didn't haaave to, but in the wise words of a random female extra on New Girl, 'it's 65 degrees and I'm freezing!' 

But you know it IS December and I would really like to break out the cute sweater dresses and scarves. While we were unpacking I discovered 4 boxes that remained unopened from the last move and they contained all of my cold weather shoes, coats, pants, you name it! It was like Santa came early! Just one of the random perks of having to move so much I guess.

Here are a few photos of our holiday decor so far...and maybe a couple of random dog pics...


Getting our tree! They were all brought down from Boone NC!
Hooray for NC trees :)


Yes, I only put lights on the front of the tree because it was heavy, I didn't have enough lights, and I got a little bit lazy, oops.


It also might be a little crooked because I attempted to adjust it while James was flying, but Copper still likes it!


So does baby Tuck! (sidenote: look at his crazy horse legs!! So cute)

Alright, I'm done posting pictures of our dogs by the tree. FOR NOW! But you better believe this next month will have a lot more to come :)

What are some of your favorite tree decorating tips and traditions??
E



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...