12/8/15

Cold Weather Fashion Favorites: Shoes

Now that the weather has finally turned, and the nights are crispy and cool, it is officially time to whip out those comfy knits, warm scarves, and awesome booties that have been sitting in the back of your closet all year! This is probably my favorite time of year as far as fashion goes because it is so easy to be comfortable and cute...most of the time.

You can literally put on black tights with any outfit and you will immediately be warmer and dressier. And of course, there are all of those wonderful holiday parties to dress up for! Anyone who knows me will tell you that if there is an opportunity to wear sequins or glitter of any kind, I am 100% in. So, this season provides ample occasions for me to whip out the holiday bling ;) Sorry, not sorry. 

With all of that being said, I've decided to compile a list of my holiday fashion must haves for all of your cold weather needs, but since the list is really long, let's start with SHOES!

My go to shoes during the winter season:

1. Bean Boots: these boots are not only super comfy and warm, they are also adorable when you pair them with jeans and some funky xmas socks. I wear them when I'm showing houses so I can tromp through construction sites easily. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't also just wear them with jeans around town because I love them so much. They are kind of pricey but last forever and are totally worth it! (Also, the J-Crew camp socks are perfect with these boots.)




2. Holiday Heels: my favorite go-to heels are a pair of nude Madewell Mira pumps that James gave to me. They go with everything and are super comfortable. I liked these heels so much, I bought them in a bright red too. I also think it's important to have a pair of crazy party heels that are covered in glitter. Some people may argue against me on this one, but they're wrong. Every girl needs glitter pumps. It's nice to have a pair of great black heels that you can wear with jeans and a nice dress. Sidenote: if you are wearing peep toes in the winter PLEASE, for the love of god, don't wear tights! 

 

3. Frye Boots: I wear my classic harness boots with everything, from tights and dresses to jeans. Frye boots may be expensive but I bought mine in high school and they are the only pair I've ever had. They get better looking with age and after breaking them in are really comfy. I do recommend buying a half size up though because they are tight at first and if you're like me, you will usually have big socks on with them. 



4. Moccasins: I LOVE my moccasins, unless its wet outside and then I hate them. Not really, but I definitely don't recommend wearing them in wet weather unless they are made for that, which mine are not. They are cute with leggings and jeans, and are great casual go-to shoes because they look good with funny socks ;) They are also fun to wear with tights and a little dress or skirt. 



5. Cute Everyday Flats: Flats are always a staple for any season. They are easy to wear with any outfit, can be dressy or casual, and are much more comfortable if you will be on your feet for a long time. 







So, there you have it! My cold weather shoe favorites :) Of course, no shoe is complete this time of year without an assortment of awesome fluffy socks, great patterned tights, and maybe a couple of pairs of sequined leggings...but that is a story for another day!

Hope everyone is as excited about the holidays as I am! Remember, as important as the fashion is this time of year there are bigger things the season helps us to focus on. There are tons of great charities which allow you to donate your gently used or older clothes to those in need! So before you head out and go shopping, go through your closet and give the things you don't wear anymore to someone who needs them :)

Peace & Shoes
E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...