7/13/16

5 Beauty Products for Perfect Summer Skin

If your skin is anything like mine, different seasons call for different products. I used to slather on tons of random beauty products every day that didn't even do anything beneficial for my skin. But then one day I went to the dermatologist for a check up and she asked me how many products I put on every day...when I started counting them up in my head it seemed a little bit crazy, especially when I got to around product 15...

She laughed and asked me 'why?' I still don't have the answer to that haha except that maybe they smelled good, or made me sparkly, or just because. Not very good reasons!

Recently, I have started the process of throwing out all of my products that aren't cruelty free and vegan. When I thought about all of the crap I was putting on my skin that wasn't even GOOD for me, that had been tested on innocent animals, I felt completely sick. Not to mention, I want to put things on my skin that have some benefit without causing undo stress on the environment or animals.

This project has ended up being way bigger than I initially thought. Many brands claim to be cruelty free or vegan when in actuality they aren't. For me, having my products be cruelty free was the most important factor, with them being vegan a plus.

Here are some of my favorite products for glowing, healthy, summer skin.

1. Alba 3-in-1 Clean Towelettes: I love everything about these towelettes. At night I use them as a make-up remover and toner after I shower. In the morning i rinse my face with water and then tone with them. They don't dry your skin out or leave you feeling greasy. Also, they smell amazing.


2. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Serum: this product is incredible. I have been a big fan of oils for a while now in regards to skin care which is funny because the thought of putting MORE oil on my skin would have horrified me in college. This product goes on smooth and soaks in immediately, leaving your skin feeling fresh and light. Kiehls is considered to be a cruelty-free company but when it was bought out in 2000 by L'Oreal it became a little but wishy washy since L'Oreal sells in China. Now this product is not considered to be cruelty free since China has mandatory animal testing, but sales have recently halted there until further notice. I'm not sure I will buy this product again if they continue down this current path. More research needed. 


3. Hope in a Jar Eye Cream: this eye cream is on point, and all Philosophy products are 100% cruelty free! This eye cream goes on smooth, morning and night, and I noticed a difference in fine lines around my eye crinkles within two weeks. I love all of their products but this one is a personal favorite. 


4. Beauty Counter Dew Skin: this shear tinted moisturizer provides just the right amount of summer coverage with absolutely no cakey residue. It goes on delightfully smooth and your face feels completely naked and not greasy. If you need more coverage the Beautycounter Tint Skin provides a bit more but still has that wonderful light feeling. 


5. Beautycounter Touch-up Skin Concealer: when I have a spot that needs a little bit more coverage this product blends in nicely and gets the job done. I also use it under my eyes to get rid of dark circles and brighten them up a bit. This concealer goes on perfectly over the Philosophy eye cream and doesn't wrinkle throughout the day. 


These basics keep my skin dewey, healthy, and glowing during those hot, sticky summer months. And I'm sure that I will continue to use most of these products into the fall and winter since they make my face feel and look so clear and amazing. 

I am attaching some links below for great resources on cruelty free and vegan beauty products!


Happy and Healthy skin is in!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...