2/24/15

s ' m o r e s n o w

woke up this morning to MORE SNOW! huge, fluffy flakes that looked like cotton came pouring down all morning. we don't see much snow in good ol' durham, so it has been such a fun couple of weeks. i did still have to go into work though. a bit of a downer but we made the most of this snow day by going on a super fun 'snow walk'. i bundled  up my little nugget, snuggled him into his stroller, and we met up with the boyfriend for a flurry filled hike to alivia's for lunch. all the neighborhood kids were running around, building snowmen, and throwing snowballs. it brought back so many wonderful childhood memories of snow days when i was growing up in trinity park :) time sure does fly. maybe it's because I'm getting ready to move away from my hometown, but recently i have found myself being so appreciative of how great durham is. it truly has been an amazing place to live and i feel so fortunate to be from this awesome, quirky, artsy, and gritty town. 

i want to take full advantage of everything here before i head down to pensacola. Britt and i were talking about making a 'durham bucket list' of my favorite bars, restaurants, and places to hit before my move. there is also a long list of people i need to see and hang out with first. of course, my family is top on that list. as a birthday present my mother bought me a cooking class that we took together last night. so fun! we learned how to make several amazing seafood dishes, chocolate creme brûlée, potato gratin, and a fresh assortment of dinner salads. I'm definitely not the most coordinated or talented chef in the kitchen so i will take any help i can get. i definitely recommend taking a cooking class at Sur la Table. it could be a fun thing to do with friends or even a great date night activity. i wish i had time to take James to one, but he is making the move to pensacola this weekend to get things set up. i suppose it is time to buy some boxes and have a yardsale! the move will be here before we know it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...