2/18/15

b o o k s & b a b i e s

this morning, despite the frosty weather and icy roads, i got to go back into work to see my little bub. its hard to consider being a nanny 'work' when i get to snuggle those sweet cheeks all day long. unfortunately my little guy has a cold so he's not feeling so hot. but we will spend the day reading books, resting, and doing some tummy time so nothing too strenuous ;) 



on a separate note, I'm halfway through my most recent mass book store purchase. The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History was amazing and insightful. I loved being able to go back to my college anthropology days and read about something that truly interests me on an intellectual level. I definitely recommend this book to everyone. we only have one world and everyone should be interested in what changes we are causing as humans and how we can improve upon our time here. Unbroken was absolutely heart-wrenching. i had to repeatedly put the book down and take a break simply because it was so emotional and I'm a pansy. it also may have struck too close to home since my boyfriend has a flight contract. but all of that aside, it was well written, straightforward, engaging, and an all around wonderful story of hope, perseverance, and brotherhood. long story short, you should read it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...