2/22/15

w e e k e n d l i f e

if there is one thing i love, it is a clean home. with four animals it is a constant uphill battle to keep things fur free and smelling, well, not like a zoo. many of my friends have been getting into essential oils as a means to clean, sanitize, and invigorate their homes. i never really saw the point until recently when i realized how often i spray chemicals and burn candles in my house. surely, it would be better to do things the all-natural way. so, i have decided to try my hand at essential oils. instagram and pinterest are amazing when it comes to recipes for different cleaning products, oil blends, diffuser products, you name it! hopefully this will be a way for me to keep my home clean in a natural and healthy way. my toxicologist father should be proud ;)

this weekend the bf was out of town visiting family so i was able to get a really thorough cleaning done. obviously i am a little OCD about this and I'm going to have a difficult time giving up my swifter wet-jet to an all-natural method, but what can you do. the result will be worth it. i also had time to go on a lady date with a good friend Britt which is always fun. especially now that the countdown for my move has begun, and i am trying to get as much time in with my girls as possible. we went to a hockey game and late-night dinner afterwards. super romantic considering this date was arranged for Brittney by her boyfriend who had to work last minute...thanks Danny! 


on saturday night, the fan and i went to DPAC to see Motown: the Musical. it was so well done and the voices were incredible. i always love getting to spend time with my parents and sister, and tempe and i always end up finding something hilarious to crack up at during these shows (comedy or not) and last night was no exception. 

overall, it was a productive and fun weekend. not to mention it was nice to finally get out of the house after all of the snow! now i am  going to sit on the couch, drink a hot cup of peppermint tea, and read until my sweet bf gets back for dinner. banana bread is in the oven, the house is clean, and sunlight is actually coming in the windows again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...