7/2/16

Let's Talk Food: Our Fourth of July Menu (Part 1)

If BBQ is not synonymous with Independence Day, then I don't know what it, which is awkward because I'm a vegetarian (most of the time). When we cook any meat in our house I am adamant that it comes from our local butcher so I know exactly what farm the meat came from, how the animal was grazed, and any other horrifying details they choose to give me that day.

J is actually kind of a master griller so it makes my vegetarianism quite difficult sometimes. For this weekend, we compromised though with a menu of delicious dishes and sides that cater to all diets! Even my lovely friend who is gluten/soy free (love ya girl!).

With that being said, here is a list of our favorite cookbooks that we whipped out for the occasion!

1. Foster's Market Cookbook
2. Thug Kitchen
3. 12 Bones Smokehouse: A Mountain BBQ Cookbook

These cook books are staples in our kitchen and you should definitely check them out!

For today's cookout J mixed up some of the 12 Bones Chicken Rub and marinated a pork butt in it over night (thank you little piggy butt!) You slow cook the pork in the oven for 4 hours on 275 so it comes out perfect for pulled pork sandwiches or tacos!

The we made the 12 Bones drop biscuits. This is our first time using this homemade biscuit recipe since the Buttermilk Biscuits in Foster's Market Cookbook are so delicious but I'm excited to see how they turn out. Instead of smoked gouda we used chipotle gouda for an extra kick.

12 Bones Chicken Rub

Gouda Drop Biscuits

Kitchen War Zone

What are you cooking for today's festivities??
Happy 2nd of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...