7/13/16

The Pursuit

Every once in a while I have one of those absurdly dichotomous days where I feel simultaneously empowered and motivated to do a bunch of exciting, bucket list worthy things, but also completely frozen by indecision.

It's easy to get comfortable with life and not push yourself to try new things or go outside of your comfort zone. Now don't get me wrong, I love me a good comfort zone. In fact, I'm really, really, good at creating and maintaining a super cozy comfort zone! But, the wonderful thing about having that safety net, whether its your home, your family, your job...is that you can still take an adventurous stance in another aspect of your life.



My comfort zone has always been my family and home life. I've been lucky enough to have this wonderful sense of support from my family and friends that can only come from having that close knit, judgement free, forever kind of love. No matter where I traveled, how long I was gone, or what I did, they would always be there to welcome me home. And thankfully that remains true to this day, a fact that I appreciate and crave even more so since I am marrying someone in the military. 



I want to travel, make art, dance, read books, WRITE a book! Grow my business, take over my family business, network, meet new people! Learn a new language, get my Ph.D,  run another half marathon, get my yoga certification! There are so many crazy, exciting thoughts and adventures in my head on a daily basis, in addition to all of the necessary information that I need to live my life, that sometimes I don't know what to do with myself. 

What makes you completely speechless but excited to tell people about at the same time? What is something that you've never done before but have always wanted to try? What is the one thing people would never expect you to do? How are you going to make a difference in this crazy world that we only get a few short decades on??



I'm sure we all feel like this some days. Just full to the brim with life but not sure how to accomplish our hopes and dreams. And honestly, I don't think I know the answer to that question yet, and I'm sure the answer is different per person and per idea. But I'm pretty sure the only way nothing will come of your dreams is if you don't try. Start somewhere. Anywhere is fine. Just start. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...