11/1/15

November First

I feel like I say this every month but, how is it already November?? I love this time of year, it has all of the best holidays, the weather makes everything cozy and romantic, and there is just something about the holiday season that makes the important things in life come to light a bit brighter than usual. Family, friends, love, hope, random acts of kindness, helping others, selflessness, warmth, good food, cozy decor...I love it all!

Also, I feel like after halloween it is finally acceptable to start thinking about Christmas. I know, I know, many of you just cringed and almost threw your computer. BUT, I already promised J that I wouldn't start really getting into the full swing of things until after Thanksgiving. Which, is completely fine with me considering all that we have going on right now. We are finally moving out of our tiny, dank apartment and into a real house. Maybe J never stood a chance with a Realtor as a girlfriend, but he has decided to buy a house down here and hopefully we will be moving into our new home in the next week or so!

Of course, I'm over here pinning like a madwoman and coming up with decor and paint for each room even though its not going to be our 'forever home'. That's one of the tricky parts about military life, you don't want to invest too much money, time, or energy into a place you won't be living for very long. But, at the same time, each place becomes your home because of the wonderful people so it's hard not to want to have that feeling spill over into the place you're living. With that being said, I'm moving forward at full speed ahead, but in a thriftier than usual style. This house will become a rental for us so we want it to be nice and homey for ourselves as well as those who rent it afterwards. 

So, before I jump the gun on interior Christmas decor I'm going to focus on FRIENDSGIVING! Friendsgiving is the Holiday that comes either directly before or directly after Thanksgiving. It is a time to celebrate with your friends, eat a bunch of good food, and remember how thankful you are for the good things in your life. It will be so wonderful to start life in our new home by celebrating with friends and filling our home with good juju. Here are some decor ideas for our new place from my Friendsgiving pinterest board. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...