11/20/15

Our crazy, hectic, amazing, hilarious, messy, awesome week.

Holy moly. This week has been absolutely ridiculous. I've heard the saying, 'when it rains, it pours' but now I believe it with all of my heart! First off I would like to say that J and I have AMAZING friends. There is no way we would have gotten through this week without you guys! You helped us move, unpack, gave us your boxspring, brought us food, and kept us laughing and having fun during this whole experience!

On that note, let's jump right in! On Tuesday, we closed on our house. I can't count the number of closings I've been to in my life, and that moment when my clients get the keys to their new house is always my absolute favorite part of the whole buying experience. But this time it was us who got the keys, and I am happy to say that it is even more amazing being on the receiving end! This was also my first experience with the new TRID laws as a realtor (yes, I was our real estate agent haha) and I have to say that our lender and title company were informed and on top of things the whole time. It was a definite learning experience though, and I'm glad that we were the guinea pigs so that now I know what to tell my clients to expect :)

One thing that J and I have been laughing about all week is how crazy it is that we are 'adulting' so hard right now. I never thought I would be so excited about appliances...but let me tell you, getting that washer and dryer hooked up was probably the highlight of my day! It can be a little scary when you do something as permanent as buying a house, or putting down roots in a new place, but it is also so very exciting. It's important to realize that as young twenty-somethings it IS a good idea to start building a foundation for your success, but that that doesn't mean you have to become a boring old, suit and tie wearing, stick up the butt 'adult'. That notion is completely archaic and stereotypical, and if you have the resources to build equity in your life now, go for it! You can still have a kegger in your brand new 'adult' home, you can decorate it the way you want, you can rent it out for a couple of years and then sell it for more than you bought it. 

Basically what I am saying is that, we love our new home and it is crazy to think that this is where we are at this point in our lives. You never really know what direction your life will take you, especially when the military is involved. All you can do is jump in with both feet and enjoy the ride!

Speaking of jumping in with both feet and enjoying the ride...

After a lot of thought and consideration (and advice from trusted friends & family) I have decided to open my own real estate brokerage while we are here in Florida. My brief stint with Keller Williams was great and I learned A LOT, but in my heart I know that going back to my small business roots will allow me to better serve my community and provide my clients with a more hand on and personalized experience. I'M SO EXCITED!! I absolutely can not wait to continue building this business venture and see where it goes. 

Overall, this week was completely insane. We still have boxes everywhere, I can't find any of my leggings, and the battery in J's car may be dead...BUT we found the coffee maker, all the animals made it un-traumatized, and we finally have a bed frame. Life is good.

What would make me reaaaally happy right now is if we could go get our christmas tree, but even I can admit that it is a little too soon. So, for now, I will content myself by diffusing my christmas blend oils and burning my frasier fir tree candles :)

I hope that everyone had a great week! The holidays are officially upon us and 2015 is coming to an end. There has been a lot of negativity and violence in the world in recent months, and my hope for all of you is that you continue to see the light in dark times. Treat everyone with respect no matter their religion, skin color, language, or beliefs, be thankful for what you have, help those in need, and always tell your people that you love them. Life is too short to give in to the darkness, and it's important to remember that every single act of kindness, no matter how small, can make a huge difference. 

Happy Friday <3


flexoffers

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Emily & Jim. So happy to welcome you into the adult world! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Emily & Jim. So happy to welcome you into the adult world! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...