10/10/15

List the things that make you feel peaceful...

This weeks prompt for The 52 Lists Project was List things that make you feel peaceful.

I have been described as a lot of things in my life, but peaceful is not one of them. Sure, there are times in my life when I think, 'hey, this is pretty darn peaceful,' but they are few and far between. In fact, when I try to think about those times in my life where everything just seemed to slow down and there was a feeling of quiet peacefulness, one big trend emerges. All of these moments happen when there is nothing particularly grand or momentous happening. Those calm, content, peaceful seconds always occur in the quiet, little moments that you never really think about, almost like a pause. And lots of these times, I find that I am surrounded by the people I love having a great time, just hanging out, laughing and talking, and I find myself taking an involuntary step back and just watching everyone. (This sounds creepy when I write it down haha) But I honestly think that I find myself the most at peace when I am with the people I love. You can almost feel the energy that connects you together in those peaceful moments and life seems so simple. On the opposite end of the spectrum, some of the most peaceful times are the moments when you find yourself completely and contentedly alone. So, upon breaking these moments down and acknowledging what tiny, little details make them so peaceful here is what I've found...

The Things That Make Me Feel Peaceful:
~the sound of cicadas on a summer night
~cool breezes & warm sweatshirts
~crackling fires, peppermint tea, & a good book
~music that is turned down to be background noise
~thunderstorms
~random mid afternoon naps
~my bed when its cold outside but the comforter and sheets are still warm
~swimming when no one else is around
~looking straight up at the tops of the tall pines trees as the summer wind rustles them around
~long hugs (not the creepy kind though, you know what I'm talking about)
~the sound of the ocean
~hearing the noises outside when you leave your windows open at night (no the screaming Duke students though...)
~movie nights
~that first moment when you step into a warm house when its freezing outside
~the sound of falling snow (you know, that muffled crunchy sound?)
~fairy lights
~holding sleeping fur(babies)
~mountains
~that noise cars make when they drive through the rain, but you're snuggly in bed
~Gryffindor common room (yep, i said it)

As I started making this list, I realized that there are actually a ton of little peaceful things that I could name! But my list is beginning to get extensive so I will save the rest for my 52 Lists book...

What are some of the things in your life that make YOU feel peaceful? I think maybe we should all think about it and try to surround ourselves with those things more often. It's so easy to get caught up in a crazy whirlwind of a routine and forget to appreciate the little moments in life that truly make us happy and content. 

And the best part is...I think it's probably a lot easier to surround ourselves with this energy than we think it is!

Happy listing :)

E



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...