10/8/15

Morning Routine

It seems like every time I go online these days I see a bunch of posts about 'how to have an effective morning routine'. I used to be the QUEEN of the morning routine. I was up at five to walk the dogs, would go to the gym for an hour, come home and shower, eat my breakfast, drink my coffee, and read the news on my porch before heading in to the office.

I don't know what has happened since my move down to Florida, but I have turned into a complete disaster in the mornings. I roll onto the floor, grumble all the way down the stairs to let the dogs out, walk to the dog park looking like a hot damn mess, grumble all the way back to the apartment, feed the dogs, and then get back into bed where I hit snooze about 7 more times until I'm impossibly late. 

This is a horrible way to start your day. And even though technically I've been getting more sleep, I feel much more fatigued during the day (no matter how many cups of coffee I drink). Not to mention the fact that I am supposed to run a half marathon in a week and I haven't been exercising AT ALL for the last week and a half. Gahhhhh!

I have got to get myself together and get back on the healthy morning routine train, so thank you internet bloggers for reminding me that I don't have to be a slovenly, exhausted, slightly out of shape pig!

This post is here purely to provide evidence and hold me accountable for what I am about to say...

Starting tomorrow, I will adhere to the following morning routine NO MATTER WHAT!

*6:00am Wake up, walk/feed dogs
*6:30am RUN!!! (5 miles)
*7:30am Shower & get ready for work
*8:00am relax: read news, meditate, drink coffee (whatever)
*8:30am go to work not looking like a madwoman

I feel really good about this. This will not be a problem at all. Haha but seriously, I think making these few, small changes will help me a lot as far as getting myself moving in the morning! Alsooooo maybe now I won't die during this half marathon...

What are some of the ways you start your mornings in a positive way?

E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...