10/8/15

No more mattress on the floor???

People. I have an announcement to make...

After 7 long months of sleeping on a mattress on the floor & putting off the inevitable hassle of buying a bed frame, we took the plunge and bought a bed last night.


Hallelujah!


It's not looking like we will be in this apartment for much longer (more on that later!) so I figured it was time to start getting my Pinterest boards together for a little redecorating.


We bought our bed on the Joss & Main website during a super awesome sale so it was almost 30% off and shipping was free...timing is everything!


Here is the one we went with:




Anyone who knows me can tell you I love grey. I know its weird, but grey is seriously my favorite color. I like to wear it, paint it on walls, decorate with it. Its such a great color because it can be understated and neutral but also add a pop of unexpected and dramatic color. I'm obsessed with this bed frame because it is grey AND it's linen. Double win. 


Also, it's got the perfect headboard for those late night reading sessions. I love how cozy the wrap around head board wings are. I seriously can not wait to redesign our room around this darn bed. Haha okay, I'm done talking about the headboard now. 

Here are a few pics I've been using as inspiration for our room.








I think it is very important that your bedroom is a space that doesn't have a lot of distractions as far as electronics and junk goes. It should be minimal, cozy, and easy to fall asleep in. There is nothing better to me, than crawling into fresh sheets at the end of a long day and relaxing with a good book or my computer (and a couple of dogs...)

I'm pretty sure I could snuggle up in any of these beds and take a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...