1/20/17

Inaugural Blues

In honor of the inauguration of our 45th president today I want to make a few things clear, because I love this country and believe that is is ALREADY great...

1. I will continue to uphold the belief that all men and women are created equal.

2. I will not judge anyone based on their skin color, religion, socio-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, green card status, or any other arbitrary demographic. 

3. I will do everything in my power to counter hate with love and acceptance. 

4. I will work harder to understand those who have different opinions from me. 

5. I will be more involved in politics and government on a local level. 

6. I will continue to recycle, support the movement towards keeping our planet healthy, and educating myself on ways to be a better earth dweller. 

7. I will hold my representatives accountable for their actions and speak out when they don't hold everyones best interest at heart. 

8. I will speak out for, and stand by those who are attacked and discriminated against by this president and his cabinet. 

9. I will do better about staying up to date on current events locally, nationally, and abroad, because education is the only way we can fight against those who try to keep our eyes shut to the real issues. 

10. I will be marching LOCALLY in Raleigh tomorrow in the Women's March! 

Hope to see you there!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...