1/22/17

Sunday Routines

For me, Sunday's are a day to prepare mentally and literally for the week ahead. I love to start the week with a clean house and nothing to worry about chore-wise because, lets be honest, if it doesn't get done over the weekend I'm definitely not going to get to it during the week.

Laundry gets washed and folded and sometimes even put away! The dishes are washed, floors vacuumed and swiffered, groceries are stocked up, and I organize my work planner for the week. Is this borderline OCD? Probably. Do I love doing it anyway because I'm crazy? Yep. Does that mean it's definitely OCD? Most likely. Do I have more questions than answers? Always.

On Sundays when the weather is nice enough, I will also wash all of the floor mats and linens and spray them with my home made essential oil blend (usually peppermint, lavender, orange oils) to promote peaceful energy aaaand get rid of any doggy smells. We also diffuse oils and open up the windows to get some fresh air flowing. That always makes sure the house smells clean and homey for the week.

One of the best things I think you can do to start the week off on a positive note is to put clean sheets on Sunday night. Maybe it's just me, but I always sleep better on clean sheets. Lavender pillow spray is also pretty great ;)

The real estate market is so intense this time of year and it makes a huge difference for me to not have to worry about too many chores during the week so Sunday's have become a little refuge for me to sort through everything and plan for the week ahead. Obviously with 4 animals, vacuuming and swiffering are not just a once a week thing, but doing a big scrub down shrinks those dust bunnies down exponentially.

Today I was actually a little bit surprised when I opened up all of the windows because it feels, smells, and sounds like Spring! I know were a couple of months away from the first day of Spring but NC has the weirdest weather. Also, global warming. Anyway, there are birds everywhere and the air feels crispy with not a hint of humidity. Perfect day for getting some fresh air flowing through the house.

Now, I know I'm not the only person with a crazy routine...what are some of the things you do to get ready for the week ahead? I'm always open to suggestions (and ways to make your house smell good when you are constantly surrounded by fur babies)

Kitchen cleaned, & oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in ze oven
 because the wedding is over and I am eating everything.

Thank god for my planner, otherwise I would never know what is happening.
Also, email inbox is empty hollerrrr

Remembering to water the plants is not high on the priority scale but even Fergus the Fiddle Leaf Fig
gets some love on Sundays

Diffusing a blend of peppermint, lavender and sweet orange. Smells sooo yummy!

Clean(ish) floors and some natural light to get some good vibes going ;)

Happy Sunday!
E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...