1/6/17

Welcome 2017!!!

Welp, it's officially 2017! I feel like I say this every time I write a post but, I CANT BELIEVE HOW QUICKLY TIME FLIES!! So much has been going on with wedding planning, the holidays, work, and just crazy old life in general.

December was a complete blur. My mom and I have been spending a lot of time on the last few details before the wedding which IS NEXT WEEK. Wut. It's insane. I feel like J and I just got engaged and picked a date, and now the wedding is here and I am soooo excited. We are officially entering into 'wedding week'. And what would the week before our wedding be without Snowmageddon Part II. This weekend Durham is under a winter weather state of emergency and we are expecting to get up to 8 inches of snow (which is a HUGE deal for us southerners!) I'm so excited, I hope we get a ton of snow but that is manages to melt by like Wednesday of next week haha. After all, we can all remember what happened a couple of years ago when the OG Snowmageddon hit...


Okay, so the AT-AT walker wasn't really there but that is a legit car fire. We just can't handle our snow down here, but hopefully people will remain a little calmer this time since most of the snow wont hit until after 5 today. Will keep the (un)interested masses abreast of snow progress on snapchat as it occurs ;) You're welcome.

Christmas this year was spent in Port Angeles with my wonderful in-laws. I had never been to Washington state before and was absolutely blown away with the beauty of it. I've never seen so much green in my life! Even in areas where snow covered the ground all of the moss, and trees, and plants were still alive with breathtaking greenery. It was incredible. It was also the first time that all 8 of us kids were together, and I can honestly say that I have won the sibling in law lottery! It was such a wonderful time and our hosts (Kevan and Rebekkah) were incredibly brave and generous to put up with all of us for the holidays, especially since they have spent the last year renovating their beautiful victorian home. They also organized a photoshoot out at Lake Crescent and the pictures are so wonderful (special shout out to M. Krueger Photography). Here are a couple of my favorites:





Coming back after our Washington trip and ending up with a horrible flu was not the way I wanted to ring in the New Year but I'm relieved that I am finally over it and ready to go into our Wedding Week with full steam ahead, aaaand maybe do some midnight sledding tonight!! Unfortunately, J and I did not get to spend New Years together since he had to get back to TX for training and I had to get back to NC for last minute wedding stuff, but I got to go out with friends for a little while and spend some time with them. The night ended and I was unimpressed, especially since I was sober due to the amazing quantities of cough syrup i was taking. However I still managed to karate kick someone in the face and stay up till 3 so there's that. Helloooooo 2017! 

Now, I am going to make some soup and bake some cookies while I wait for this snow to begin!
Happy New Year everyone!!!
E







No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...