3/12/15

b r e a k f a s t

i am excited to say that the homemade moisturizer i made yesterday did not do anything weird to my face over night. when i spoke to james on the phone last night and told him what id done he seemed pretty convinced that i would wake up with hives all over my face. but in fact, my skin feels amazing! i can't believe I've never put coconut oil on my skin before. you would think it would be greasy and make your skin feel like it couldn't breathe but it goes on incredibly smooth and absorbs in right away. my makeup went on much smoother than usual and a lot of the redness from my most recent breakout has gone away completely. not to mention it smells amazing! my dogs seem to think it smells good too because they were trying to eat my face all night...

one thing that goes hand in hand with this spring cleanse and my use of essential oils is eating healthier. i always step up my game before bikini season, but the older i get the more i realize that this should probably be a year round thing. after all, I'm not talking about eating rice cakes or waiting until you feel like your going to pass out and then eating one cube of cheese (Devil Wears Prada...). I'm talking about eating real, organic, healthy foods that taste amazing. also, eating smaller portions of those foods and drinking A LOT more water. 

some typical daily meals for me include;
breakfast: coffee, half a grapefruit or an apple
snack: frozen blueberries, peppermint green tea
lunch: toast with an egg and some avocado 
snack: hummus and chips or peppers
dinner: leafy green salad with salmon and glass of wine

i have pretty consistently been eating renditions of these exact meals everyday which can get old, but its much easier to grocery shop, and it saves a lot of money that i would normally spend on going out to eat and drink. hmmm drinking, thats the other important part of this cleanse. i am not drinking during the week with the exception of a glass of wine after dinner occasionally. and surprisingly, it has been incredibly easy to give up. 

now if i could just get myself to chug more water during the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...