3/18/15

t a s t e o f s u m m e r

the past couple of days have been absolutely beautiful! warm bright sunshine, clear blue skies...i even heard crickets the other evening! baby D and i spent the day walking around durham, hanging out on east campus, and soaking up this amazing sun. needless to say, my motivation to get those last couple of boxes packed up has been lacking. 

I've been really slacking on keeping up with the blog recently too because, although i haven't packed random things like dishes yet, i did manage to get a little over-exuberant and pack up the modem for my internet. typical. so I've been mooching on my neighbors wifi by standing in weird places and trying to follow the signal. hopefully no one has been watching in my windows because I'm sure i look like a complete nut job. also typical. 

luckily, today is my last day of work for this week so i will be able to focus these last two days before the move. it is bittersweet though because i won't see my sweet little chunk for two whole weeks since i will be in florida getting our new place situated. but it will be amazing to finally see james and start building this next phase of our life together. it also doesn't hurt that the weather is already hot and awesome in florida. i can't wait to check out the beaches and explore the area.

I've also set up several great job interviews for this trip to pensacola and hopefully i will find something that works out. since i will be maintaining my real estate license in north carolina, i figured i would just try to find a great nannying gig to keep me busy and make some extra money. who wouldn't want to run around the beach with kids all day? sounds pretty great to me!

on a less fun but still exciting note, tomorrow evening my dad and i are going to pick up the moving truck and take it to get weighed before we begin the harrowing task of filling it up with all of our junk. I'm praying that the rain holds off so we can move everything without having to deal with inclement weather but you know what they say...when it rains it pours. 

guess we will just see how this plays out! I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst so how bad can it be?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...