3/5/15

s o m u c h c o f f e e

today was uneventful with the exception that, like every thursday, I take care of children for over 11 hours. during the day I'm with one family and at night another. don't get me wrong, i love my job! who wouldn't want to hang out with kids all day, read books, play dress up, do ridiculous impressions, and basically act like a fool for a living? but, id be lying if i said i wasn't ready to crawl into bed right about now. in case anyone is on the fence about having a child, i suggest caring for someone else's kid for a day. its amazing birth control. but also reaffirms my belief that one day ill be a pretty badass mom. 

one of my favorite parts about being a nanny is hearing the hilarious things my kiddos say. they are seriously funny little people! for example: tonight i told the kids to go up and get ready for bed (brush teeth, get p.j's on etc...). all of the sudden a hear loud mexican singing and shakers coming down the stairs. when i walk to the base of the stairs i see one of the kids wearing a sombrero, sunglasses, mismatched socks, a huge t-shirt, and a running medal. he is shaking maracas and dancing down the stairs with no pants on. freaking hilarious. i couldn't even be mad at him for not listening because it was so funny. he did a lap around the kitchen and went back upstairs. a few seconds later i hear a yell, and then 'emilieeeeeee!' of course my first thought is, oh great someone got hit in the head with a maraca. but no. jack proceeds to throw his green shirt downstairs at me yelling, 'can you wash this? i peed on it.' i could not make this up. its really nice to hang out with kids that talk back to me after being with a 4 month old all day...even if its about things like pee shirts.

I've been taking care of these four kiddos on and off for about 5 years and I'm going to miss them so much when i move. but i can't wait until they are old enough to cringe when i tell them all of the ridiculous stories about them when they were this age! i really hope i am able to find a family this great to work for in pensacola. i will continue to fly up to NC to do real estate every once in a while, but i know i want to continue working with kids. we're just on the same page mentally i guess.

on a completely separate note, i have officially perfected my bulletproof coffee recipe! the secret ingredient is brown sugar and a dab of vanilla. sooo yummy. if you haven't tried a version of bulletproof coffee i recommend trying it with your breakfast. be sure to use 'pastured' butter though, which means it comes from grass fed cows, because that is where the extra nutrients come in. i also prefer to include coconut oil and a splash of milk. and of course a side of frozen blueberries, just because. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...