3/19/15

l o o o o n g d a y

today was ridiculously stressful. i think everything is starting to catch up with me. organizing this move, working as a full time (overtime) nanny, continuing to sell real estate (which means working weekends), wrapping up utilities and insurances for the move, packing up the house, everyday life things like walking the dogs and maintaining relationships, all while living in a completely packed up house with no internet or COFFEE. 

i feel guilty ranting about something as silly as being a little stressed over a move that i am choosing to make at a time i choose to make it, but that being said, i am having a moment of weakness and ranting anyway. 

here it goes...stop reading now if you don't like rants...

today i was supposed to sleep in and then, after meeting some friends for coffee, have a leisurely day of packing, picking up the truck and getting a few loose ends tied up. but nooooo, of course i wake up at the ass crack of 5:00am. wide awake. because i am unable to stop running over my to-do list in my head. so, i get up and take the dogs for a walk while i wait for the sun to come up. of course, without my usual gallon of coffee before the sun rises, i am in a completely confused state of panic as to what i should be doing. i proceed to randomly wrap dishes in newspaper and put them into boxes, totally forgetting that newspaper makes your hands and everything they touch black. 

after getting a few final boxes packed up, i start getting ready to meet molly for coffee and just happen to look in the mirror on my way out and see that my face is covered in black streaks. so typical. i considered going out anyways and just pretending i didn't look like i had attempted to put on grey eyeshadow on in the dark, but decided that (at this point in the day..) i had more pride than that. i quickly washed my face and was heading out the door again when i remembered i was supposed to meet my aunt in greensboro for lunch. aaaand i looked like a troll. at this point i was already pushing it for coffee so i scrambled to get my makeup on and change clothes and managed to only be late for molly by about 15 minutes. 

thankfully, i got a skim mocha with 5 espresso shots and was able to catch up with my best friend, which is always amazing. but it was a short hour and chaos was impatient to resume its torture...

i quickly drove to the office because i realized i had a due diligence check to drop off for a client and only about 20 minutes to do so. i got to the office, jammed the printer, realized i needed to also print off a lease for my apartment that I'm subletting, printed it off, forgot it in the printer, and got nothing done because at this point my mom shows up and we have to leave for the 45 minute drive to greensboro. we decide to take my car so that on the the way back i can stop in mebane to weigh it while it is empty (so the government will reimburse us for this move since it is for the military). 

at this point i am feeling good, my caffeine has kicked in and i am at the place where nothing can stop me because...coffee. lunch is wonderful and catching up with my aunt is great. i think I'm sensing a trend here...food = happy haha.

on our way back we stop at the truck weigh station and pull onto the scales only to realize that i am too short by about 3 feet to reach the call button. i try jumping. i try running and jumping. i back the car up, reposition and try to stand on it to reach the damn button. finally i jump off of the car and manage to hit it. except the woman inside is busy with another customer so its not until the 4th time i jump off that i get a response. by the way, I'm wearing heels and it is pouring rain. 

we get the ticket and head back home. then i have a lovely 15 minute 'nap', feed the dogs and then run to my parents house so we can go pick up the penske truck in the opposite direction. of course it is 4:15 at this point and traffic is a nightmare going towards raleigh. after another 45 minute drive we get to the rental place and manage to secure the 26 foot truck. thankfully, my dad decides he should drive so i get to sit back and enjoy the stop and go traffic ride back to the weigh station (which is now an hour away). 

we weigh the truck, drive back, and with the help of my amazing neighbors park it in front of my house. whew!

then i change clothes, eat a grapefruit and run to work, because on thursdays i take care of my four awesome gerend kiddos. its a crazy day indeed when the most relaxing part is reading bedtime stories and wrangling four kids under the age of 10 into bed. but it was.

as i sit here on their couch writing this ridiculous saga, while all four of those quirky, sweet kids are asleep upstairs, it seems silly that this one day was so stressful. and i have to admit that it could have been a lot worse. its nice to purge this whole day out of my mind by writing about it, but also, looking back, i am so grateful and lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life who are willing to drop everything and help me through this move. its going to be so hard to leave them all in durham, but i know that this will always be my true home, and coming back will be that much sweeter :)

i have never been this excited to get into my bed and sleep.

tomorrow will be easier.

and after this weekend the move will be done. 

sweet dreams!

Zzzzzz....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...