9/27/15

10 Things I Love About Sundays

Sunday's are funny because they feel like an ending and a beginning. The weekend is over and a new week is about to begin. It's a time for switching your lazy, fun weekend brain off and starting to gear up for the work week ahead. It's very easy to focus on the negatives of a Sunday; having to get up early the next day, not being able to watch Netflix for hours in a row, curbing your Pinterest habit. 

But, I also love Sunday's because they are so cleansing. There is something very therapeutic about cleaning the house, getting the fridge stocked for the week, organizing my work stuff and setting it out, getting something good cooking on the stove, and then being able to sit back and relax in the evening for a little while before bed. 

As I write this post, the doggies are snoozing by our feet, J is studying and watching a football game on T.V, some amazing smelling chicken and rice soup is simmering away on the stove, and I'm and relaxing and drinking some hot, peppermint tea . It's pretty perfect. 

Starting the week off on a good foot can make all of the difference in the world, and out of all of the days of the week, I find Sunday the easiest day to both fall off the positive bandwagon and get going with a really great, positive mindset. However, a lot of people don't think of happiness as a choice, and of course this choice is more difficult for some than others, but it is still an active, participatory thing. 

With that being said, here are 10 of my favorite things about Sunday...

1. Making a big pot of something yummy that we can munch on for the next few days
2. Opening the windows and letting the cool, evening breeze blow through the house
3. Reading what the next prompt is in The 52 Lists Project and brainstorming my answer
4. Sitting down after getting the house clean and ready for the week (smells like orange oil!)
5. Freshly washed sheets and blankets to snuggle down into
6. Scrolling through my favorite blogs & Pinterest posts in my coziest sweatpants
7. Turning on my twinkle lights, lighting those pumpkin spice candles, and reading a good book (#basic, I know)
8. Drinking a cup of hot tea after dinner and watching New Girl reruns with J on our couch
9. Calling my family in Durham to say Hi and catch up with them (even though we talk way more than once a week)
10. The feeling of a fresh, new week ahead of me with infinite possibilities!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your Sunday has been as restful and relaxing as mine :)

E

*P.S This Weeks Prompt For The 52 Lists Project Is...

List all of your favorite things about fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...