9/3/15

Good-bye Summer, Hello Fall

Now, I maaaaay be jumping the gun on this a little bit, but it is almost, kinda, sorta my favorite time of year! You guessed it...Fall! I am so ready for cool, breezy mornings, cozy sweaters, crunchy leaves, pumpkins, halloween, all of it.

Autumn has always been my favorite time of year, but after spending the last 6 months living at the beach I NEED this weather change. I can't wait for the day when I get up for our morning dog walk and don't immediately turn into a sweatball when I walk outside. 

That being said, it is still about 90 degrees down here during the days, but I can feel a difference in the evenings that makes me remember bonfires, hot cocoa, and curling up with a good book and a big blanket. 

There's also something about fall that hints at new beginnings.

With the falling leaves comes the feeling that anything is possible, and that its time start moving towards the time of year where family, and celebrations, and all things cozy and wonderful take over. Things just seem to move a little slower, in a good way. It's easier to appreciate the little things and find satisfaction in those silly little everyday occurrences. 

When I think of fall I am filled with so many wonderful memories from growing up. My dad raking all the leaves into a huge pile just so we could jump in and scatter them, only to start the whole process over again! Having pumpkin carving competitions. Going to the farmers market and stocking up on yummy treats and plants for the fall garden. Sitting on the porch and drinking hot cocoa. Long walks full of frolicking dogs and squealing kids as they get out of school for the day. 

I'm certain this won't be the last post I write about Autumn but now that it's officially September, I just couldn't help myself. 

Bring on the pumpkin spice ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...