9/21/15

Monday Motivation

Guys.
My house smells like cookies, pumpkin, & cinnamon apples. 
This makes me so incredibly happy.

Also, because he knew I was having a rough day, J took care of all the dishes and laundry while I was at work. 
This, too, makes me super happy! 

Today could not have been a more Monday-ee Monday if it tried. 
But, sometimes you just have to put your big girl panties on and look on the bright side of things. I don't want to go into too many details but work has been kicking me in the butt the last couple of days and I have a feeling that change is in the air. 

I think all of us struggle to be positive sometimes. We complain about silly, little things. We get easily frustrated and give up too quickly when things get hard. But its important to remember that EVERYTHING is hard before it gets easy, and that often times we learn a lot and grow a lot when we have to work harder for the things we want in life. 

I know, I know, nothing is worse when you're trying to feel sorry for yourself than someone coming up and being all cheery and quoting motivational posters. BUT! Most times those cheery little buggers have a point...

(and yes, i do realize that in this situation i am both the complainer and the cheery, little bugger...)

Philosophers, novelists, doctors, & scientists have been saying for years that our thoughts dictate our lives and yet we STILL chose to ignore that sometimes. I do it all the time...

But my thoughts always come back to how thankful I am for the people and opportunities in my life, and then I feel really dumb for complaining. Especially when most of the time, my problems can be easily fixed with a little critical thinking and some elbow grease ;)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I know that when I am old and grey I will look back on my life and the things I thought were small and insignificant will be the things that mattered most. So, I want to be better about appreciating the little things in life and making myself take a deep breath when everything seems horribly out of control. 

Because, honestly, things are never that bad when you truly look at them and take a moment to examine the big picture. Everyone has their own shit going on (pardon my french). We all have crazy family members, and less than perfect jobs, and pimples, and we spill things on our shirts, and forget to do important things. That's just how life works. Its messy, and complicated, and hard. But it's also amazing.

All any of us can do, is do our best, be respectful of others, and try to look on the bright side of things :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...