9/14/15

Weekend Roundup

Another weekend come and gone. 

I know I'm not alone in mourning the end of the weekend, but Monday's really are the worst. Like, the actual worst. Especially after a weekend of perfect weather, hanging out with good friends, and relaxing.

J and I turned off our A/C, opened up the screen door and windows, and let the amazing 65 degree breeze blow through the house. There is nothing better than being able to get some fresh air in your house, especially during seasonal changes. Aaaand I may have jumped onto the fall bandwagon early and bought cinnamon scented pinecones and carmel apple candles so the house smells sooo good! I also love diffusing our tangerine and eucalyptus oils this time of year to keep those colds at bay. 

Some people get really into spring cleaning but im much more of a fall 'cleaning' gal myself. I love decorating for the colder seasons, putting out all the cozy throws and blankets, burning yummy candles, and having the slow cooker running all day to fill our house with the smell of whatever cold weather concoction were making for dinner (this weekend it was Spicy Vegetarian Chili!) 

Sunday is also usually the day I like the get things ready for the week. As much as I want to be able to do everything (work a 40 hour week, make dinner, hang out with friends, clean the house, take care of the dogs) its just not possible to get all of those things done during the week when I get home at 5:30 every day. So getting the laundry, housework, meal prep, and my long run done on Sunday makes the week much easier for us. And let me just say that this weeks long run was 7 miles. Not an easy task for a non-runner. Also, cleaning house on Sunday keeps the swirling abyss of animal fur at bay so we don't get attacked by dog sized dust bunnies and my OCD can rest a little bit more peacefully knowing that everything is KIND OF clean.

I know it sounds crazy, but I really do get sick enjoyment out of making my house clean and cozy. J calls me an 'anxious cleaner' because I've been known to swiffer and rearrange things when I'm nervous, but at least the house is clean! And it's so much more fun to have people over and hang out when everything smells and looks good, am i right?? 

Anyway, I hope every has a good Monday! Here is our weekend photo roundup ;)

How do you like to make your home cozy for fall??

E












No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...