9/11/15

blustery

It's rainy and blustery outside. The whole office is quiet. And I am sitting here going through our listings and sipping on a piping hot cup of peppermint tea. It's so cozy that am fighting the urge to curl up in my chair and take a little cat nap. 

I love days like this because I find it easier to get super focused on random activities (and complete them) when its gross outside. Although, I wouldn't say no to a big, fluffy blanket and a huge pair of sweatpants right now! 

Days like this always get me daydreaming and I find that my creative juices flow a bit more naturally. However, this lovely-albeit-distracting creative energy combined with a desk-load of work to take care of can make me feel a little bit unproductive...

I decided that in order to force my brain to focus on the tasks at hand in a more effective way, I would give myself 15 minutes to jot down a stream of conscience list of things that my left brain couldn't let go of in the moment. 

Here is what I wanted to be doing instead of work:

write a short story
do a water color tutorial
bake cookies
listen to the radio & stretch
play on Pinterest
read a good book

Sigh. Time to get back to it :) 

At least I got to break in my beautiful new notebook splurges from yesterday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...