9/19/15

Easy Peasy Cheesey Cake

We are living the Saturday life over here in the Nardi/Morgan household, and we are doing it right. The house smells like coffee, pumpkin candle, and Churro Cheesecake which is baking in the oven right now. I have a feeling it will be a dessert-before-dinner night...

This is the first time I've used this specific recipe and there are definitely a couple of things I will be doing differently next time (like make my own dough or used pie crust instead of pre-made biscuit dough). 

But overall, this is an easy to make, yummy, fall recipe that is quick and delicious.

All you have to do is mix...
Two 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
One large egg
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

...into your food processor like you would if you were making frosting. When it is smooth and fully mixed then you're good to go. 

Set the oven to 350, and grease a baking pan heavily with butter then sprinkle the bottom with cinnamon sugar (I mixed in a little bit of brown sugar with this too because I like it on my pie crusts).

Next, fit your dough (or as this recipe called for, the Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough) into the bottom of the pan and pour the cheesecake mix on top. Put a second layer of dough (the second can of crescent rolls dough) on top, and douse it with another hefty layer of cinnamon sugar mix. 

Pop it in the oven for 30-35 minutes and enjoy as your whole house fills up with the amazing smell of baked cinnamon sugar. Viola!

Easy peasy cheesey cake that anyone can make :)


I found this original recipe on 
http://therecipecritic.com/2013/04/churro-cheesecake/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...