9/24/15

The 52 Lists Project: Week 40

List Your Top 20 Mood Boosting Songs:

It was soooo hard to pick only 20 songs for this list because I feel like my musical preferences change so frequently. But I do love all of these songs and they definitely boost my mood whenever I hear them! 

1. Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars
Who doesn't love this song?? There are endless choreographic options...

2. Cosmic Love - Florence & the Machine
Once again, as a dancer, I could flail around epically to this jam. And I love it.

3. All I Need Is Love - Ceelo & The Muppets
Ummm this song is hilarious and amazing and makes you smile no matter what. Also, yes, this is a Christmas song. 

4. Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello 
This song is utterly ridiculous and most of it is not in english, but my gypsy roots love it and there is literally no song that is more fun to yell.

5. On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez
This was basically the only song the (one) bar on Carriacou played when I was there for one of our archaeology digs. It makes me think of rum, and the beach, and dancing like a crazy fool.

6. Countdown - Beyonce 
This is one of my go-to crazy car dance songs. Queen B for life. 

7. Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
I feel sorry for young girls these days because they didn't get to have the amazing, girl power experience that was the Spice Girls.

8. I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
This song makes me want to jig around a campfire.

9. I love it - Icona Pop
Girl power, all the way. 

10. Paris - Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
Grace is super badass and she wears lots of glittery dresses so i love her. 

11. Pound the Alarm - Nicki Minaj
People find it weird that I know ALL of the words to this song...but this is an epic dance party song

12. Lean On - Major Lazer
This song is on my September Run playlist. It has a great beat and I cant hear myself hyperventilating over the bass haha

13. We Run the Night - Havana Brown
An oldy but a goody.

14. Hold My Hand - Hootie & the Blowfish
I grew up listening to Hootie and his songs always make me smile!

15. Primadonna - Marina & the Diamonds
She fun :)

16. Live Like a Warrior - Matisyahu
This song is so uplifting, and I usually play it at least 3 times in a row...

17. Home - Philip Phillips
This is such a comfy, cozy song. And I really identify with it in the sense that home truly is where the heart is for me. 

18. Bad Blood - Taylor Swift
I love her. T-swift is my girl. 1989 was a great year. 

19. Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Another great car jam.

20. Mercy - Duffy
I love her voice because its super unique and this song gets stuck in my head whenever i hear it



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...