9/21/15

Tomato Pie Recipe

Mondaaaaayyyyyyy?!?! Okay, glad I got that out of my system. 
This morning as I was making my coffee and trying to find some breakfast, I peered into our fridge and was momentarily stunned by the amount of food in our there!

Yesterday was such a blur that I completely forgot about all of the leftovers from our football cookout. Now, I'm not a huge football fan. I enjoy tailgating, but that's about where it ends. And since there are no Bojangles down here, there isn't much point in tailgating. *sob*

Anyway, Indy and I got up early and cooked WAY too much food, and a group of us spent the day watching football and stuffing our faces like true americans! Haha

I always love a good opportunity to try new recipes and use my friends as guinea pigs, so yesterday I tried two new recipes. One for tomato pie and one for a better version of my churro cheescake. (I have to add that as I'm typing this I'm thinking about how amazing my lunch will be today muahaha). 

The tomato pie recipe was so fun to make because it is easy, and the different kinds of tomatoes make the flavors amazing and the pie itself beautiful. 
Here are the ingredients:

1 pre-made pie crust
2 lbs. of assorted tomatoes (green, sunburst, beefsteak etc...)
1.5 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
.5 cup of mayonnaise
1 large egg
salt, pepper, basil, & other spices at your preference 

Instructions:
1. Slice tomatoes and lay out on paper towels (lightly salt them)
2. Set oven to 425 degrees
3. Mix the cheese, egg, mayo, & spices together
4. Butter the pie crust (optional)
5. Coat the bottom of the pie crust with a layer of the cheese mix
6. Place a layer of tomatoes on the cheese mix
7. Another layer of cheesy goodness
8. Final layer of tomatoes on top (make it pretty if you want)
9. salt and pepper on top to finish it
10. Pop it in the over for 40-45 minutes 


This is a great recipe to try if you are like me and don't have mad chef skills ;)

enjoy!

2 comments:

Covid Ramblings: Back in America

 Hi friends. It's been a really long time! Things have been hectic and crazy but also seemingly mundane enough to where I feel like I ha...